Monday, May 9, 2011

This...Not That...

When people think of working in a bakery, they almost always think of this:


Happy, bubbly, charming...and OMG PINK!

"It must be such an awesome place to work! Playing with cake all day long, designing, and decorating cakes! You must love it!"

I like decorating cakes, a lot! And I'm good at it. Or at least I think so.

But life loves an optimist and when working a job with something as awesome as cake...well you know there's got to be one doosey of a down side.

And we call it Retail.


So working in a grocery store bakery is actually more like this:




They are the two opposing extremes. Happy and optimistic to psychotic and unstable. You get the bad days and the good days. The trick to it is keep your head held high when the shit is swarming. Sometimes I fight through it and come out on top and a better person for it...other days find me crying in the walk in freezer. (What? - I have problems with anxiety...)

I work in a grocery store bakery in a somewhat small town in semi-rurual alabama. People love cake but are also dirt cheap. So it's a constant struggle to maintain my sanity through the waves of stupid that finds its way to my cake window.

And that's what this Blog is - my therapy. A chance for me to rant and rave and curse the world for the day's struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment