Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The fear...they can smell it...

...and it smells like cake.

After the last few weeks - with the tornadoes, boss having to take time off for a death in the family as well as her much deserved vacation - I was due for a few days off myself. And boy did I enjoy the hell out of them. Two days straight! WOOT! Those of you in school, listen to me: treasure your weekends. Because when you leave school, your weekends belong to the Man. And he's a greedy sunnav-a-betch.

 The Boss wants an apple turnover...NAO!

Anyway. I come back from my two days of rest to essentially an empty department. Why? Because the order wasn't sent right and we only got a 1/8 of what we needed.

And as we try to fill the department with the meager products we DO have and CAN turn out, I am virtually flooded with calls and walk-in's, all of them wanting cake...NAO! Only three our of the ten or so people who needed cake were pre-ordering. Everyone else wanted the cake that day. They came in like a herd of rampaging horses!

 i needz caek NAO!


This is my biggest peeve. If you need a cake, you need to pre-order. It's common curtesy! I don't have time to suddenly do that many cakes on top of EVERYTHING else I have to do. And did I mention they don't allow overtime at me work? You have overtime? You have to leave early. Which means you have the same amount of work - if not more - to do but with less time.

Joy.

So apparently Lady Luck doesn't despise me because they all wanted chocolate cake with buttercream icing...which is essentially all we have until Friday.

In any case, if you read this and ever find yourself in the position of ordering a cake...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS CUTE AND FLUFFY!!! ORDER YOUR CAKE IN ADVANCE!!!!!!




And to make sure my demands are met, I am having my Mexican Gang of Ducklings hold this kitten hostage. Any slip ups and you're gonna get a bald kitty.

Like this:


oh gawd wai?


You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment