Monday, July 4, 2011

All American Wedding

I'll be honest and say I've never understood the appeal of getting married on a major holiday. I mean, really, is there anything more cheesey? Purposing on a major holiday is cute, but get getting married? Ehhh....

<german accent>Dats joost veird.</german accent> 

We had two wedding cake orders for July 4th. Because we don't have small sizes of the traditional round tiers, the ones we do have feed like 100+ people, both customers opted for stacked sheet cakes. Which is a bit red neck doncha think?

One wanted white roses and immediately I felt my annoyance pulsate. White frosting roses...I hate white frosting roses. Not because of the white (which I do kind of hate), but because our white buttercream is not made to make roses with. It's an icing meant to be easily spread onto a cake, so it's thin. And this icing makes shitty roses. Red, Purple, blue, orange, and pink are the icings meant to make roses out of. It's a thicker icing so the roses won't melt. And they wanted a red heart with their names on the top. D'aw, look at the lack of creativity in their design!

The second cake wanted the bride and grooms name on the long side of the second tier. Problem: There's literally 1 1/2 inches of room to not just write the names, but also put the borders. Needless to say it was not up to my standards and I felt bad about it.  I expect them complain...

Out of all the days you could choose to hold your wedding, why the Fourth of July? You do realize you're essentially screwing up all your future Anniversaries right? You marry on a holiday - any holiday - and every time you want to go out for your anniversary, all the nice restaurants will be booked, everywhere will be full, and you'll have to settle for Red Lobster or Olive Garden. Or worse, McDonalds.

Scratch that, you can never get into an Olive Garden anywhere near a holiday. Ever. It's insane. I know, because I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment